Monday, February 21, 2011

Compendium of Curiosities Challenge #32




I've been in terrible pain in my feet and legs
and have a doctor that can't call you back but dare take more pills then he told..
Yet he told you to call if you had to or if you needed more for pain.. Yet he can't call back!
So what's a gal to do.. I doubled up on the pain medicine and the Heck with him!!
and it's still not touching the pain.. so what's a gal to do again!!
This has nothing at all to do with my Blog Post I just needed to whine!!

But

Over at Studio L3 they have been going through the new Tim Holtz Book
Compendium of Curiosities
Doing the Techniques each week as a challenge.

This week is inking and masking

I trashed my first try at this the other night, well it's sitting on my desk looking all forlorn and distressed!!
LOL

and I gave it another shot now that I have so much pain medicine in me I could sit
up for a little bit..

anywho

Here is the Tag I created..

I used Distress Inks and did a background using the technique of spreading the ink
on my work mat, spritzing with water and dabbing the tag into the ink

Dried with my heat gun and did another layer.. This time barely touching the tag to the ink.

okay enough inky I then stamped my bird and put the mask over it

Did a little more to my background with Distress inks
Stamped the black backgroun with the mask on and then more stamps of the
vine like flowers..

All in all there are 5 different stamps on this..

I put Crystal Stickles on my flower to give it a little more pop..
I don't think it shows up in the picture.. I love love Crystal Stickles now..

oh yeah I sprayed with glimmer mist before I put the flower on

using the color Patina

and then sprayed with Perfect Pearls

Heirloom Gold.. I love love Heirloom Gold

LOL

Inked my edges with Walnut Stain and on the very very edge I used
Black Soot

The tag shimmers and shines but you probably can't see that plus my camera
take lousy pictures..

I would have put more bling on the bird but ran out.. Might buy some more and add to it.

I don't like how the flower just looks like it's plopped there. It needs something else

any ideas??



I am entering it in the Challenge
over at








2 comments:

  1. It's fabulous! I love the bling on the bird and your background is mesmerizing. Hope you get a call back today and are soon feeling loads better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, just beautiful! That is awesome! Too bad you didn't get it in, in time. It is my pick!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to Comment. I so appreciate it.