Saturday, January 29, 2011

I love creating Tags!

Late last night I worked on this Tag and had a ball getting all dirty working with Distress Inks! I just love Creating Tags.. This tag started off as a white piece of paper. LOL  I cut the Tag out with My Cricut and then went to work.. First I stamped the numbers and then Embossed them with Pirates Gold Embossing Powder from Stampendous. After that was done with my Tim  Holtz Blending Tool and Distress inks I made the background. The embossing acts as a resist.  I then stamps on the left side of the tag. I adhered my little stamp and metal heart charm. I cut out the Flourish using Grunge Paper on my Cricut. Then I inked the Flourish with Distress Inks. You have to work the ink into the Grunge Paper. Once done I tried something new. Instead of just spraying it with "Heirloom Gold"  Perfect Pearls Mist I put a layer of Glossy Accents on and waited for that to dry. Then I sprayed it with the Perfect Pearls. I think it gave it a look like rust. It's got a shine and glimmer to it too. You can't tell in the picture. The last think I did was to ink the edges with "Walnut Stain" Distress Ink to give it a shadow. And Voila!! One Tag finished! I am really pleased how this came out. Like I said I love love creating tags!! Now I need to think of a way to Display them. Anyone got any ideas?

I'm entering this tag into a Challenge over at "Crazy 4 Challenges"


You can purchase all the Products I used at Outlaw Women Scrapbook Emporium

You need to join the club over at Yahoo Groups to be able to purchase at the Emporium.

Once your a member you can register at the shop

Never Pay Retail Again!!

Check out our Prices.

Where else can you buy Copic Markers for only $4.00

and check out the Prices of the Distress Inks

Until Sunday at midnight we are having a big sale on all of them plus the reinkers!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to Comment. I so appreciate it.